Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Woo Hoo's!!!


How can you possibly critique the return of Indiana Jones after almost 20 years offscreen? I can't. It's Indiana Jones for god's sake!! What was it like? It was like an Indiana Jones movie. It is the very embodiment of a popcorn movie - it's there to entertain. After seeing it we were wondering how it ranked compared to the others. You realize you've seen the others 10 times each - how can you possibly compare a film you just seen once to ones you've seen 10 times? I will be able to rank it once I've seen it 2 maybe 3 more times and have a least a year under my belt. First off, it would have had to be incompetent not to seem great on the first viewing, simply because it's Indiana Jones, back after almost 20 years. And let's face it, Speilberg has had a couple of films that weren't great. As the phrase he inspired goes, "Everyone has their Hook". But incompetence isn't really something he's capable of. The man has more than his share of masterpieces under his belt. So what can I say about it that wont be a spoiler? It's fun - damn fun. You know what else... for 65, Harrison Ford is amazing. He pulls it off. If there was anything that made me hesitate about this film before I saw it, it was Harrison's age and this theory I have that he secretly had a stroke about 15 years ago... but that's fodder for another blog.

No comments: